Friday, November 25, 2011

EEEK--There's a spider in my quilt!

Anyone who knows me, knows I have a spider phobia. You can imagine my surprise to see one IN my quilt, thankfully not ON it. I hadn't seen it till I looked at a photo I took of Tom on the landscape quilt I've been working on since mid-July. Yes, it's been that long. I participated in the Sandra Sider quilt critique, showing one of the in-process pieces. It's had several iterations since. Anyway, when I looked at this photo in Photoshop I was shocked to see a tarantula. I can hardly type the word, even the word itself in print now having almost the same sway. I hadn't seen it before, just knew that the one area wasn't working. It took a photo to show me what I had--legs. Eeeuw!

My solution solved two problems: eradicated aforementioned "T" as well as improved the composition by repeating both a shape and a color. My friend Bridget calls these "happy accidents."

  BEFORE -- see it?


AFTER  -- all gone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment