Friday, September 11, 2009

Mobile Homes




As an interior designer, I find I'm drawn to the HOUSE motif, usually a stylized square body with a triangle roof.  I picture an entire collection of house designs into art quilts some day. My riffing turned to three dimensions: what about 3-dimensional quilted houses? And then it leaped to movement. What about QUILT as HOUSE as MOBILE? A-ha! Mobile homes.






On reflection, it would have been good to talk with someone about the construction. I just set about the old-fashioned way, with balsa wood glue frames, fishing line and dowel crossbars. What a fun excuse to go to the hardware store, looking for solutions.





5 Mobile Homes:

Home Sweet Home - Cherries & Dots -- Too Cute
Love Pad - Peter Max and Yin & Yang
Animal House - Cats & Dogs & Fish, Oh My!
Fixer-Upper - Before and After Half & Half
Eco-Friendly House - Solar & Recyling Bins






No comments:

Post a Comment